Our Naturopathic Doctors
Do you want to learn more about how our amazing Naturopathic Doctors can help you? Book An Appointment today and get started!
What is a Naturopathic Doctor?
Naturopathic doctors are highly trained primary health care practitioners who endeavour to identify and remove obstacles to healing and facilitate and support the body's natural ability to heal. Naturopathic doctors use gentle, scientifically-based natural therapies including: Clinical Nutrition, Lifestyle Counselling, Botanical Medicine, Homeopathic Medicine, Acupuncture (Traditional Chinese Medicine), and Physical Medicine. They work in partnership with other health care providers to ensure that patients receive the most comprehensive and effective care possible.
Naturopathic Medicine is a regulated health profession in Ontario. Please click for a detailed description of Naturopathic Training and Regulation.
What is Naturopathic Medicine?
Naturopathic medicine is a distinct system of care which integrates modern medical knowledge and traditional healing wisdom. It seeks to identify and treat the root cause of disharmony. Naturopathic medicine promotes healing on all levels of being – the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. Each treatment is individualized to encompass the totality of the patient. Naturopathic doctors use natural therapies for the purpose of stimulating the innate healing power of the body to alleviate current symptoms, to prevent future “dis-ease”, and to maintain optimal health.
- First Do No Harm
- Teach the Principles of Healthy Living and Preventative Medicine
- Address the Fundamental Causes of Disease
- Heal the Whole Person through Individualized Treatment
- Co-operate With the Healing Powers of Nature
What Therapies Do Naturopathic Doctors Use?
- Clinical Nutrition
- Lifestyle Counseling
- Botanical Medicine
- Homeopathic Medicine
- Traditional Chinese Medicine/Acupuncture
- Physical Medicine
What Can Naturopathic Doctors Do For You?
Naturopathic doctors treat all forms of health concerns – from acute symptoms to chronic illness, from the physical to the psychological, and from pediatric to geriatric. Naturopathic Medicine can help you if any of the following apply:
- If you are looking for disease prevention and health promotion strategies
- If you have symptoms that you have been unable to address on your own or with the help of other health care providers
- If you have been diagnosed with an illness and are looking for alternative or complementary treatments
Health concerns and symptoms commonly treated by Naturopathic doctors include the following:
- Stress, Fatigue, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Colds and Flus
- Ear, Sinus, Nose and Throat Infections
- Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne
- Headaches and Migraines
- Asthma, Allergies and Environmental Illnesses
- High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, Metabolic Syndrome
- Diabetes, Weight loss
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Celiac Disease, Crohn's Disease
- Bladder and Yeast infections
- Prostate Enlargement, Erectile Dysfunction
- Infertility, PMS, Menopause
- Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia
- Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- HIV and AIDS
The naturopathic philosophy, "stimulate the healing power of the body and treat the root cause of disease" offers many patients with a new perspective and awareness concerning their health and well-being.
Our goal is to assist you in achieving sustainable wellness and living your healthiest and most inspired life!
Naturopathic Fees & Payment Policies
Naturopathic New Patient Forms